euronews, international news channel
Euronews is as well as a full multimedia platform for viewers on the move. euronews covers world news and broadcasts 24/7 eleven services: Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
Euronews reaches 372 million households in 155 countries via cable, digital satellite and terrestrial windows. Euronews is the number 1 international news channel in Europe with more than 7 million viewers every day. Euronews is also the most watched channel amongst the European upmarket population.
euronews is recruiting
Deputy Editor in Chief MagazinesIndefinite duration contract Job position based in Lyon (Ecully) France
- The Deputy Editor-in-Chief Magazine is hierarchically linked to the Editor-in-Chief magazines. With her, he (she) ensures the responsibility of implementing the editorial and strategic line of the channel.
- He (she) ensures the supervision of a multidisciplinary team.
- In her absence, he (she) assumes by delegation, all the responsibilities of the Editor-in-chief Magazines.
Control and editorial follow-up of programmes and the establishment of priorities
- Definition, orientation and management of the follow-up of magazines from the conception to the broadcasting, in contact with the concerned departments.
- Participation in the creation and in the implementation of new programmes and special projects on air and on multimedia and Web platforms.
- Execution and follow-up of sponsorship contracts.
- Participation in the development of the channel in conjunction with the heads of department concerned.
- Representation of Euronews during editorial meetings with the partners of production according to the contractual measures. Travel abroad.
- Consultation with the Sales team and the Creative Solutions department for the creation and development of the sponsored programmes.
- Follow-up and organization of the work of supervised staff.
- Animation and motivation of the production teams.
- Mediation and resolution of conflicts.
- Analysing recruitment requirements for permanent and temporary staff. Evaluation of the skills and the performance of staff.
- Participation in recruitment process.
- Offering opinion in disciplinary cases and bonus awards.
- Required level of studies: four-year university degree or equivalent journalistic diploma with minimum 5 years minimum in journalism.
- Experience of journalistic activities on the ground and in programme production.
- Experience of management.
- Fluent English and French an imperative, 3rd language appreciated.
- Analytical mind
- Good organisation skills
- Quick thinker, ability to take initiative
- Authority, rigour, self-control
- Good interpersonal skills, talent for communication and negotiation
- Very good general knowledge
All applications (CV, cover letter and salary expectations) must be submitted with the reference RedacAM by email to Gardenia Trezzini (email@example.com) and Anne VIORNERY (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 26th of April 2013.